Thursday, September 10, 2015

Problem with Firefox's Always Openning Web Page Unintended When Creating New Tab

I somehow had a problem described in this post, that is, when I open a new tab in Firefox and the new tab always opens a Yahoo Search page regardless the "When Firefox Starts" and "Home Page" settings in the "Options" menu. I blame myself for not careful when installing software and browsing the web. I am looking for a fix.

Followed the post cited above, I did not find any hidden add-ons. The solution did not work for me although it worked for some according to the comments left on the post.

I eventually have a fix for this problem.

When I open "about:config" and search the word "Yahoo", I find that the setting "browser.tab.newurl" is pointing to a Yahoo search page. After I set the value of the setting as blank, the problem goes away.

By the way, the Firefox discussion forum have some good discussion on related issues.

1 comment:

  1. This is realy a Nice blog post read on of my blogs It is really helpful article please read it too my blog Firefox not loading pages you can visits our websites or toll free no +1-866-558-4555. solve your problem fastly.

    ReplyDelete